Return To Job List
: Kettering , OhioJob Category
: Operating Room/OR
(6) Surgical Tech/Or Technicians - variable shifts Days/Evenings
The Surgical Tech functions as a vital part of the surgical team at the Medical Center. Responsible for assisting in direct care to patients, Surgical Techs continually support surgeons and nurses by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants. The Surgical Tech’s actions and communications should reflect the Health Networks mission, vision, values, and policies in interactions with patients, families, and coworkers.
++Qualifications ++Applicants Must Have:
- Associates in Surgical Technology from an approved school
- Certification from the National board of Surgical Technology (NBSTA) or applicable on the job or military training. Surgical Techs without proper certification must acquire certification within one year of hire date.
Current BLS certification is required.
Prefer Applicants Have:
Surgical experience preferred.
- Experience as a ST preferred
- OR skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment