Return To Job List
Long Term Care RNLocation
: Bethel, AlaskaJob Category
Long Term Care - RN (varying shifts and scheduling/holidays)
***Candidate must apply for AK license after Offer & Acceptance***
***Housing provided through entire assignment w/roommate(s)***
***If first time traveler to facility then first/initial flight cost will be reimbursed once traveler has arrived and facility will take care of travel from then on***
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other healthcare professional to provide quality, cost-effective and efficient care and to achieve the best possible patient outcome. Serves as a resource person when the situation requires. Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's mission statement. Is responsible for care of all patients of the Long Term Care Facility.
Minimum Education: Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution.
- Minimum Experience: New graduates accepted. One (1) year experience within hospital or long-term care setting preferred.
- Licensing/Certification: Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as an RN. Current CPR certification (BCLS) required. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position. IV certification course
- Equipment/Tools: Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephone, computer, fax machine, etc.) Medical equipment such as Dynamapp, thermometers, Datascope, Pulse Oximetry
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other medical staff as part of a collaborative team. Able to participate in special committees as appropriate, and serve as a professional representative of the physical therapy department and profession at all times. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, medical staff, managers, clients, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively with members of a different culture who may or may not speak English.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The following information is needed in order for the candidate to be on-boarded for the position:
• Physical Address
• E-mail Address
• Phone Number
• Date of Birth
• Social Security Number (SSI#)
Immunization requirements from our Chief Nurse:
• Hepatitis A
• Hepatitis B
• Polio Or, Titers and/or the historical shot records for the candidate (Ex. Hep B is done usually from ages 1-4) If the candidate is not able to provide the shots listed above, they will not be accepted for the position.
Additionally, airfare is paid initially by the candidate and/or the agency and will be reimbursed upon the candidate's arrival here in AK. Client will arrange their travel from there on. Please let us know when this is done.
Note: We require to receive the flight itinerary information for the candidate at least one (1) week in advance to ensure that we can provide scheduling of New Employee Orientation class attendance, Housing, etc.
New Employee Orientation begins every Tuesday and we require all travelers to fly in on the Sunday before their start date on the evening jet (8:09PM). We DO NOT pick up on Friday or Saturday flights into Bethel and we DO NOT pick up returning travelers.
Lastly, here other documents we would like to have: • Current BLS, ACLS, PALS cards • Nursing License(s) [must be current] • OIG Report • SAM Report • Emergency Contact Information • References (if available) • Drug Screen