Return To Job List
Long Term Care - LPN Location
: Bethel , AlaskaJob Category
Long Term Care - LPN (varying shifts)
To provide quality nursing care to all patients. To serve as a viable member of the nursing staff, utilizing scope of practice. Provide care to all patients with respect of patient rights and dignity. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area of Long Term Care facility.
- Minimum Education: Graduate from an LNL school for LPN's or LVN's.
- Minimum Experience: One (1) year recent experience within hospital or long-term care setting required.
- Licensing/Certification: Must hold a current LPN license in good standing with the state of Alaska. Current CPR certification (BCLS) required. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position. IV certification course.
- Equipment/Tools: Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephone, computer, fax machine, etc.) Medical equipment such as Dynamapp, thermometers, Datascope, Pulse Oximetry
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other medical staff as part of a collaborative team. Able to participate in special committees as appropriate, and serve as a professional representative of the physical therapy department and profession at all times. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, medical staff, managers, clients, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively with members of a different culture who may or may not speak English.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
ATTENTION: Airfare reimbursement is after the traveler has completed a minimum of 3 weeks of their contract.
Please note: We will reimburse flights however: we do not reimburse first class -If this is the first rotation the Agency MUST book travel to AK. - THE AGENCY MUST submit an invoice to client requesting reimbursement - client books housing - client books ticket departing AK - If this is a returning traveler, client books travel - Again- traveler should never be submitting for reimbursement, this should all be done by invoice from agency. We will pay for the ticket for anyone who is a returning traveler. We do not allow family or pets to come with the traveler. Right of return transportation. Client will provide return transportation (at the cost to the organization) upon termination of an employment agreement unless the termination is a result of: i. falsification of employment application; ii. violation of the organization’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy; iii. fighting; or iv. unexcused absence from duties for more than three consecutive scheduled work days v. voluntary removal from the agency and/or traveler Housing is provided at this facility however it is a SHARED HOUSING situation no additional family members or pets are allowed since accommodations are limited*